Run Recap 4/7
I didn’t quite hit the nail on the head. 3 out of 5, more like 2. Well, if I put Spy Kids 4 and Three Musketeers together I’d get 3 for 5.
- I remember watching the trailer thinking, “This is something I’ve DEFINITELY gotta see!” I thought this would be just okay. Turns out, it’s better than okay. I’m not saying it’s the greatest film/fictitious period piece of all time, but it’s good enough to see and add to the top of your watch list. I award two thumbs for the integration of factual event; honestly, it makes the story a bit more believable.
- Out of 10, I say a solid 7-7.5.
Apollo 18 2011
- Um… I’m really holding back a rant. It might come out. DrunkListed!
- Out of 10, it’s a 4.
- Good movie. This is one where my mind goes instantly in to comparison mode. Just of the top of my head, I’d put it near 300. The story is good, just not big enough. Clash of the Titans 2010, I’d watch Immortals ever day of my life before I’d voluntarily watch it again. (honestly I wouldn’t have predicted the The Wrath.) Um, 13th Warrior (throwback), pretty even as far as story and action. The 13th Warrior is one of my favorites, at one point I knew the Valhalla quote by heart. Even if you find flaws, it’s not to an extreme where it makes the movie kinda suck. (brings Outlander 2008 to mind) It’s balanced, simple story and decent action.
- Out of 10, it’s a solid 5.5, maybe more. I’ll be nice and say a soft 6.
Spy Kids 4D: All The Time In The World 2011
- So I’m to believe Antonio Banderas, Danny Trejo, and Jessica Alba are of the same loins. Okay, I’ll bite. Spy 4 is aight. I know this is a kid film, but I’d rather see Gregorio, Isador (Machete), and Marissa Cortez in action together. (seriously, I’d watch that)
- Out of 10, maybe 4. I was surprised that I was more given than the IMDB collective.
The Three Musketeers 2011
[Sidebar- I learned of this film when I went to see Transformers 3. No lie, the first thing that popped in my head, “No in a theater.” Maybe it was the over the top 3D trailer, cuz these kinds of movies are what I like. How-be-ever like a champ I kept my word. I say that to say this… Every movie is not an opening day-weekend-week-month-year-first few years gotta see. I don’t like watching movies; I love it and nearly live for it. Nothing pisses me off more than paying theater money to see a jank movie. Mind you, Three Musketeers is not jank, but if I’d gone to see this I’d have been pissed.]
- For my opinion of the film and not just the movie goers’ experience, I can sum this one up simply. It’s decent. Clearly an opener with not much to it. (Captain America, which I fell asleep on in the theater) It was funny hearing my mom call Logan Lerman a girl. (the hair was a bit much but apparently very D’Artagnan considering previous film versions; Gabriel Byrne wore it best) All in all, I’d watch it again; especially if good sequels followed. May it’s the Ricky Bobby Effect.
- Out of 10, a solid 5.